Buses at Hiawatha
- Note: In the 2019-2020 school year, some Hiawatha students may be eligible for bus service. See the Walking Zones on this District page (opens in a new window) for eligibility.
- For updates and newest information on school transportation in Essex Junction visit EWSD's district Transportation page (opens in a new window.) Scroll to the bottom for latest news.
Looking for your route?
EWSD implemented a new Bus Route Finder tool that makes it easier than ever to find your bus routes! We will continue to update you when changes occur and you can find them reflected both on the tool, as well as our pages.
- All stops are estimated times
- Times could change due to traffic, weather, students riding or not riding, etc.
- Students should be out at their stop five minutes before the scheduled time of arrival
- Because of the variables on each route, there is always a five-minute buffer, before and after the scheduled time, as no bus can be exact every dayAll stops are estimated times of arrival
- All students need to be in plain sight to ensure proper pick-up
- In low light conditions, it is helpful to wave a lighted device (flashlight, cell phone, etc…) as the bus approaches
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Transportation Manager, Jamie Smith at 857-7037 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Bus Rules
Our bus is our community. We treat our communities in EWSD with respect. These guidelines are used throughout school buses within the district.
- We listen to our driver; we are respectful to everyone
- We sit down until the bus stops at our stop
- The aisle needs to be clear for people getting on and off, and emergencies. We keep our belongings and bodies out of the aisle.
- We respect other people's bodies and do not touch them
- We use calm voices and kind words
- We keep everything inside the windows, including our bodies and our belongings
- Everyone wants a clean bus. We do not eat, drink, or chew gum on the bus.