Paying for School Lunch
EWSD's Child Nutrition Program (CNP) employed a new point of sale payment system in 2019-2020, replacing the previous system.
(Note: You may still pay without an electronic system. Information provided below.)
4-digit PIN for Students
Students will no longer be using biometric devices, but will utilize a four-digit PIN number to access their lunch account.
Families received the PIN by e-mail, sent in August. Please introduce and practice this number with your child prior to the first day of school.
The PIN will connect students to a new online payment system called MySchoolBucks (link opens a new window.) More information on that below.
Benefits of MySchoolBucks
Use the MySchoolBucks website portal to:
- monitor your children’s lunchtime purchases
- make deposits directly into their meal accounts
- set up autopayment methods based on frequency of use or scheduled dates
- have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low
Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
- A program fee of $2.49 per transaction will apply.
- Parents with multiple students in the district can add up to $120 per student, for a single $2.49 fee.
- You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
- Contact MySchoolBucks directly with any issues
- Questions: Visit the portal's Frequently Asked Questions page (opens in a new window) for solutions to common issues.
- Training Videos: Watch Training Videos on the MySchoolBucks website on how to set up a new student, add payment methods or change them, and set up balance alerts. (opens in a new window.)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (855) 832-5226
- Online: Visit MySchoolBucks and click on "? Help" in the upper-right corner.
How to pay CNP without MySchoolBucks
- Cash: Send in payment with child to the building cafeteria coordinator or lunchroom cashier for use at meal time.
- Check: Made out to the EWSD Child Nutrition Program. Checks can be brought to the building cafeteria coordinator, or mailed to the address below.
- Memo Line: Write the name of student(s) in memo line.
- Address to mail: EWSD Child Nutrition Program, 2 Educational Dr., Essex Junction, VT 05452
- We process checks with no fee.
- If checks are returned for insufficient funds, the parent/guardian will be responsible for any bank fees.
- You may also still pay with cash, to the EWSD Child Nutrition Services department.
Need more help?
Visit our Getting Started with MySchoolBucks page for more information or review your August, 2019 email from Scott Fay at CNP.
For EWSD-specific protocols on lunch payment and balances, visit the Student Account Balances and Deliquency page.