Farm to School in EWSD
FARM TO SCHOOL NEWS: Did you know that just about all of our schools have their own garden?! With students and staff gone during the summer months, we look to volunteers to help us maintain our gardens. Tasks are fast, simple and can include weeding, planting, harvesting and watering.
If you are interested in volunteering, please reach out to Meghan at MMartin@ewsd.org
Spring greens with Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Whisk parmesan, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and mustard in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinagrette with mixed greens until coated.
EWSD Receives $4,500 Grant for Farm to School Initiatives
The Essex Westford School District (EWSD) Child Nutrition Program/Farm to School and the Farm to School Community Committee have received a $4,500 Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant for hands-on learning in the District’s gardens and classrooms initiatives. The mission of the grant application was based on the goal to promote healthy eating and raise awareness of local food systems. Read the full story.