LIBRARY BOOK RETURN
In preparation for the end of the year and the distribution of summer reading material, we need to get our library books back.
On Monday, June 1st from 7:30-10:30, we will be collecting library books outside. We will have 10 bins outside on the sidewalk for book returns. Mrs. Lawrence, Mrs. Grykien, and Mrs. Evans will be there to help. If you cannot make this event, please let Katherine know. You can call Katherine at 757-270-8795 or email her at email@example.com.
Please make sure you follow these procedures when coming:
1. We recommend a mask.
2. Please place the books in any of the blue bins.
3. Please wait in your car until a blue bin is available.
4. Please have your beautiful children stay in your car.
COVID-19 and Our Schools
Your EWSD nurses are here to support the health and wellness of our entire school community. The District continues to follow preventative and response guidelines offered by the Vermont Department of Health (VDH) and Vermont Agency of Education (AOE).
For District updates related to COVID-19, and helpful tips on staying healthy, please visit our EWSD page on the novel coronavirus. (Opens in a new window.)
Online Class Etiquette from EWSDTeachers need your help in supervising and monitoring online behavior as students interact with new tools and methods.
- You have the right to tell us that you do not want your child to have their video camera enabled for video/audio conferencing (notify your teacher)
- Students should dress as they would when attending school
- Students should join the video conference from an appropriate space in the home (such as at a kitchen table, desk, common space, etc., not laying/sitting on their bed or walking around with the computer in their hands)
- Students should refrain from “showing their classmates around the house”
Device AssistanceIf you have a EWSD-issued Chromebook please review the Caring for your Chromebook at Home guidelines at the Technology Department's webpage. For any technology needs please contact Helpdesk via email or at (802) 857-7777, M-F 8-4 p.m.
Lost and Found on the bus!
If your student has left something behind on their bus, please call Mount Transit at 802-662-4544.
Winter Clothing Reminder
During the winter months, please send your student to school with:
- pair of gloves or mittens
- snow pants
- change of clothes
If students do not have boots and snow pants, they will need to stay on paved areas of the playground during recess. This is done to keep them dry.
Also, please pack shoes for your student to wear inside the school building. Wearing wet snow boots is not only uncomfortable but makes for wet floors, which can lead to injury.
Need Winter Clothing Items?