EWSD Free Meals and Remote Meal Pick-Up Info!
The EWSD Child Nutrition Program will continue to provide FREE meals at each of our schools for the rest of this school year! If you would like to access these free meals and support the EWSD Child Nutrition Program, please encourage your student to eat breakfast and lunch at school. You do not need to pre-order or register in advance.
Free meals for our remote learners will continue as well. There is no pre-ordering, registration, or sign up necessary, just show up at any of our open sites listed below. The meals are intended for children 18 and under, but the child does not have to be with you to receive them.
- Wednesday remote learners can pick up one day worth of meals on Wednesdays at any of our three pick up locations (see timing and location information below)
- Cohort A (remote learning on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) can pick up three days worth of meals each Wednesday
- Cohort B (remote learning on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) can pick up three days worth of meals each Monday
- Fully remote learners can pick up five days worth of meals each Monday
- Anyone interested in or in need of meals over the weekend can pick up two days worth of meals each Friday at EHS
- Albert D. Lawton School, 9-10 a.m on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Essex Elementary School, 9-10 a.m on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Westford School, 9-9:30 a.m on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Essex High School, 4-6 p.m., on Fridays
It’s important to note that our free meals are not only for families in need, and you will not be taking away a meal from someone who is in need. By picking up the meals or accessing meals at school, you will be supporting your community. Funding is based on participation, so the more people that we can feed, the stronger we can be for those that need us the most.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to EWSD Senior Child Nutrition Manager Scott Fay at email@example.com or 857-7263.