GMT to Offer Free Busing for EHS Students
August 16, 2018
GMT Busing Information
This year the Essex Westford School District has partnered with Green Mountain Transit (GMT) to offer free busing to and from school for all Essex High School students.
This partnership leverages existing community resources and encourages students to learn and use the GMT system. Encouraging students to use public transportation long-term has many benefits: reducing traffic, pollution, and community parking needs to name just a few.
Guidelines / Instructions:
- Valid for transport to and from Essex High School and EHS-related events Monday-Saturday.
- Students must board or de-board at either Amtrak (GMT Route #2 or #4) or the Educational Drive stop (Route #4).
- GMT Route #2 “Essex Junction” serves Fort Ethan Allen, Pearl Street, South Summit, and South Street every 15 minutes going to EHS. It bypasses South Summit and South Street going from EHS.
- GMT Route #4 “Essex Center” serves Main Street, The Outlets, Center Road, Sand Hill Road, and River Road every 30 minutes during school arrival and departure times. This route only operates Monday-Friday.
- Prior to the issuance of new school IDs, students can simply let the driver know they are traveling to or from EHS.
- Once school IDs are issued, students present them to the bus driver when boarding.
- After IDs have been issued (approximately six weeks into the school year), if a student does not present their current ID, they will need to pay the fare.
- GMT buses are first-come first-served. To avoid capacity issues, students should consider riding trips other than the ones closest to EHS bell times.
- For schedules and stop times, visit www.ridegmt.com
- Questions? Contact EWSD Transportation Manager Jamie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org