Enterprise Move Up Letter
June 10, 2022
Dear students and families,
Welcome to the Enterprise team! We are so excited to have you begin your Essex Middle School experience with us. We can’t wait to meet you in the fall! In the meantime, please read the information in this letter.
Here are some things to keep your brain sharp over the summer so you are ready to begin 6th grade on the first day back:
FOR READING, your task is to read a minimum of three books this summer. These books should be books that you enjoy and that you can read and understand by yourself. Take the reading challenge, a fun activity to keep you engaged. Record your books and information in the reading tracker. All the necessary information you need can be found in this shared folder. You can bring the printed papers to the Ice Cream Social on August 31.
If you’d like suggestions for great authors to explore this summer, you can use the websites created by Ms. Jablonski and Mr. Synnott found on the FMS and EMS web pages under the Learning Center.
FOR MATH, you should work on multiplication facts through the 12’s. If you’re already there, you can work on larger products. You may do this in a number of ways, including using flashcards and online programs. I’ve listed a few below. Please work on 5th-grade math skills for 10-15 minutes a couple of times each week.
SUGGESTED SCHOOL SUPPLIES In addition to working on your Summer Reading and Math assignments to get ready for 6th grade, students in the past have found these items useful and purchased them over the summer as sales occur.
Please label all of your belongings.
- two - 1.5” inch, 3-ring binders with front and back pockets
- two packs of 3-hole-punched lined loose-leaf paper
- Highlighters, colored pencils, lots of regular pencils, and a pencil case (to be carried from class to class)
- one - 5-pack of notebook dividers
Here’s what you can expect before school starts in the fall.
- In early August we will send out a welcome back letter.
- On Monday, August 29th at 4:30 pm, there will be an ice cream social to meet the team and sign up for fall sports.
- Wednesday, August 31st will be the first day of school.
We look forward to getting to know you and to working with you to make this coming year an exciting, rewarding, and meaningful learning experience for everyone! Please don’t hesitate to email if you have any questions at any time. We’ll see you in the fall!