Health Office



Degrees and Certifications:

Ms. Ali Wasko


My name is Ali Wasko and I am the new school nurse at Summit St. School!

A little about myself ... I grew up in Vermont and graduated from UVM. I have been a nurse for a total of 10 years. I have worked in many different settings, from being a bedside nurse at UVM Medical Center to a nurse manager at an outpatient mental health facility. This is my fourth year as a school nurse and I absolutely love working in a school!

I have two children, one who is in elementary school and the other who just entered her last year of preschool. I am so excited to get to know everyone in this community!

If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to reach out!

Phone: 802-857-7644

Fax:     802-878-1380



  • COVID-19 Information



    What should I do if my student is sick at home?

    • Keep your student home from school if they exhibit ANY of the following symptoms:
      • Fever
      • Cough
      • Sore Throat
      • Runny Nose
      • Nausea
      • Vomiting
      • Diarrhea
      • Headache
      • Muscle Aches
      • Fatigue
      • Loss of Taste or Smell
      • Shortness of Breath

    What will happen if my student gets sick at school?

    • If your student shows any symptoms of illness at school, they will be sent home. 
    • Further instruction will be given at pick-up.

    What if my student is instructed to get a COVID test?

    • Based on symptoms, a PCR test or two negative antigen tests 24 hours apart.
    • Please contact the school nurse with test results before you send your student back to school. 

    What if my COVID test is negative, but my child still has symptoms?

    • If your student receives a negative COVID test, but still has a cough, runny nose, or other symptoms, your student should stay home until the symptoms are resolved or markedly improved. If you are uncertain, call me! I can help you decide if your student should return to school. 

    Where can I get a COVID test? 

    • PCR testing supplies, LAMP tests and rapid antigen test can be provided by the health office as long as supply warrants.
    • You can register for one through the Vermont Department of Health testing website
    • You can call your Pediatrician or Health Care Provider
    • You can get one at Clear Choice MD 
    • Some pharmacies are running Covid-19 tests


    You can email or call the Health Office ANYTIME. I check email and voicemail on a frequent basis. I will get back to you. 


    Phone: 802-857-7644





    For District updates related to COVID-19, and helpful tips on staying healthy, please visit our EWSD page on the novel coronavirus. (Opens in a new window.)